REpower Erects Biggest Off-Shore Turbine
For the first time, a REpower type 5M wind turbine has been set up on the open sea. In the Scottish North Sea, in the Moray Firth, the first of a total of two turbines for the Beatrice Demonstrator Wind Farm has just been set up on a lattice-like jacket structure, piled to the seabed at a depth of 44 metres. It is the biggest turbine offshore.
“We are very proud that the offshore premiere has been successful”, said REpowerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s CEO Professor Fritz Vahrenholt. “The Beatrice Demonstrator Project for our customer Talisman Energy, to which we are the sole supplier of the turbines, is a giant step for the development of the 5M and offshore wind power.”
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned