REpower Erects Biggest Off-Shore Turbine
For the first time, a REpower type 5M wind turbine has been set up on the open sea. In the Scottish North Sea, in the Moray Firth, the first of a total of two turbines for the Beatrice Demonstrator Wind Farm has just been set up on a lattice-like jacket structure, piled to the seabed at a depth of 44 metres. It is the biggest turbine offshore.
“We are very proud that the offshore premiere has been successful”, said REpowerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s CEO Professor Fritz Vahrenholt. “The Beatrice Demonstrator Project for our customer Talisman Energy, to which we are the sole supplier of the turbines, is a giant step for the development of the 5M and offshore wind power.”
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures