Waste Management Turns Conservation into Advertising Tool
Companies are beginning to realize the public relations’ benefits of going green. Waste Management has introduced a new television advertising campaign that focuses on environmental messages, including its role as a major recycler.
– Waste Management recycles enough paper to save more than 41 million trees.
– The company generates enough green energy to power more than a million homes.
– Waste Management landfills provide more than 17,000 acres of wildlife habitat, some of which is certified by the Wildlife Habitat Council, a nonprofit, non-lobbying 501(c)-3 group of corporations, conservation organizations and individuals dedicated to restoring and enhancing wildlife habitat.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs