Waste Management Turns Conservation into Advertising Tool
Companies are beginning to realize the public relations’ benefits of going green. Waste Management has introduced a new television advertising campaign that focuses on environmental messages, including its role as a major recycler.
– Waste Management recycles enough paper to save more than 41 million trees.
– The company generates enough green energy to power more than a million homes.
– Waste Management landfills provide more than 17,000 acres of wildlife habitat, some of which is certified by the Wildlife Habitat Council, a nonprofit, non-lobbying 501(c)-3 group of corporations, conservation organizations and individuals dedicated to restoring and enhancing wildlife habitat.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike