Nevada Utilities Issues Renewable Energy RFP
Sierra Pacific Resources’ two Nevada-based utility subsidiaries, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power Company, have issued a Request for Proposals for renewable energy resources.
Proposals will be considered for wind, geothermal, biomass and other non-solar resources eligible for portfolio energy credits under the Nevada renewable portfolio standard. Responses to the RFP are due back to the utilities no later than October 23, 2006.
The request is part of the companies’ plan to fulfill the goals of legislation that requires an increasing percentage of the electricity provided by Nevada Power Company and Sierra Pacific Power Company to come from renewable sources.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council