Nevada Utilities Issues Renewable Energy RFP
Sierra Pacific Resources’ two Nevada-based utility subsidiaries, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power Company, have issued a Request for Proposals for renewable energy resources.
Proposals will be considered for wind, geothermal, biomass and other non-solar resources eligible for portfolio energy credits under the Nevada renewable portfolio standard. Responses to the RFP are due back to the utilities no later than October 23, 2006.
The request is part of the companies’ plan to fulfill the goals of legislation that requires an increasing percentage of the electricity provided by Nevada Power Company and Sierra Pacific Power Company to come from renewable sources.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform