Nevada Utilities Issues Renewable Energy RFP
Sierra Pacific Resources’ two Nevada-based utility subsidiaries, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power Company, have issued a Request for Proposals for renewable energy resources.
Proposals will be considered for wind, geothermal, biomass and other non-solar resources eligible for portfolio energy credits under the Nevada renewable portfolio standard. Responses to the RFP are due back to the utilities no later than October 23, 2006.
The request is part of the companies’ plan to fulfill the goals of legislation that requires an increasing percentage of the electricity provided by Nevada Power Company and Sierra Pacific Power Company to come from renewable sources.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned