Nevada Utilities Issues Renewable Energy RFP
Sierra Pacific Resources’ two Nevada-based utility subsidiaries, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power Company, have issued a Request for Proposals for renewable energy resources.
Proposals will be considered for wind, geothermal, biomass and other non-solar resources eligible for portfolio energy credits under the Nevada renewable portfolio standard. Responses to the RFP are due back to the utilities no later than October 23, 2006.
The request is part of the companies’ plan to fulfill the goals of legislation that requires an increasing percentage of the electricity provided by Nevada Power Company and Sierra Pacific Power Company to come from renewable sources.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses