Nevada Utilities Issues Renewable Energy RFP
Sierra Pacific Resources’ two Nevada-based utility subsidiaries, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power Company, have issued a Request for Proposals for renewable energy resources.
Proposals will be considered for wind, geothermal, biomass and other non-solar resources eligible for portfolio energy credits under the Nevada renewable portfolio standard. Responses to the RFP are due back to the utilities no later than October 23, 2006.
The request is part of the companies’ plan to fulfill the goals of legislation that requires an increasing percentage of the electricity provided by Nevada Power Company and Sierra Pacific Power Company to come from renewable sources.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project