Carmanah Provides Lighting for Norwalk’s Transit System
Carmanah recently announced a new product and a new contract for its solar products: A wireless solar-powered LED airfield light which it’s selling to China’s aviation market and a solar LED Lighting system for transit shelters such as bus stops.
Carmanah recently won a transit lighting contract to supply the Norwalk Transit System in Norwalk, CA, with 22 i-SHELTER solar LED lighting systems mounted on Landscape Forms’ Kaleidoscope canopies, as well as 216 units of its fully self-contained, solar-powered i-STOP LED illuminated bus stops with edge-lit schedules. These units will be installed throughout the City of Norwalk as part of the city’s Bus Stop Improvement Project.Ã‚Â Solar powered LED illumination systems will also be added to every stop.
Carmanah’s Model A704-5 LED airfield light will be used in China’s large-scale airport expansions.Ã‚Â “This is our first airfield light to include wireless control and our first light to include dual-function infrared and visible-spectrum LED operation,” said Carmanah’s CEO, Art Aylesworth.”Ã‚Â When California’s Truckee Tahoe Airport installed the lights it saved $850,000 in capital costs and an ongoing $16,000 annually in electricity bills.
Energy Manager News
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills