NYC Yellow Cabs Go Green
With a green light and approval, Hybrid Technologies will put into service a fully converted L-PT cruiser. Hybrid selected to utilize Daimler Chryslers PT Cruiser after several meetings with the New York City Taxi Commission.
The all lithium taxi will be hitting the streets of New York City within the next two months. It is anticipated that the L version taxi will also be used to highlight the Yellow Cabs 100th Anniversary in NYC which commences in 2007.
Ballard Power Systems 312V 67 MS electric drive system has been selected for the NYC lithium taxi.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B