NYC Yellow Cabs Go Green
With a green light and approval, Hybrid Technologies will put into service a fully converted L-PT cruiser. Hybrid selected to utilize Daimler Chryslers PT Cruiser after several meetings with the New York City Taxi Commission.
The all lithium taxi will be hitting the streets of New York City within the next two months. It is anticipated that the L version taxi will also be used to highlight the Yellow Cabs 100th Anniversary in NYC which commences in 2007.
Ballard Power Systems 312V 67 MS electric drive system has been selected for the NYC lithium taxi.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations