John Deere-Suzlon Commitment Crosses 500 MW
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation has finalized an agreement with John Deere Wind Energy to supply 247 MW in wind turbine capacity.
With this new order John Deere Wind Energy nearly doubles its capacity from Suzlon turbines, crossing 500 MW in just two years. The order, comprising 30 units of the S64-1.25 MW turbine and 100 units of the S88-2.1 MW turbine will be delivered throughout 2007.
Suzlon’s relationship with JDWE began in 2003 with its investment in several Minnesota wind power projects, but quickly expanded to Texas and recently Missouri. JDWEÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s latest order builds upon previous orders, including an order for 238 MW of capacity placed in early 2006.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners