John Deere-Suzlon Commitment Crosses 500 MW
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation has finalized an agreement with John Deere Wind Energy to supply 247 MW in wind turbine capacity.
With this new order John Deere Wind Energy nearly doubles its capacity from Suzlon turbines, crossing 500 MW in just two years. The order, comprising 30 units of the S64-1.25 MW turbine and 100 units of the S88-2.1 MW turbine will be delivered throughout 2007.
Suzlon’s relationship with JDWE began in 2003 with its investment in several Minnesota wind power projects, but quickly expanded to Texas and recently Missouri. JDWEÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s latest order builds upon previous orders, including an order for 238 MW of capacity placed in early 2006.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years