Neenah Paper Becomes Wisconsin’s Largest Purchaser of Renewable Energy
Neenah Paper has become Wisconsin’s largest purchaser of green power and has been named to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s distinguished Green Power Partnership. The partnership recognizes organizations for exemplary green power purchases.
The purchase of more than 10 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable energy qualifies Neenah Paper for membership in the partnership and makes the company the largest purchaser of renewable power in Wisconsin.
The environmental benefit of the renewable power purchase is equal to reducing the CO2 emissions associated with the combustion of 1,037,754 gallons of gasoline, according to Neenah. This is the equivalent of reducing the emissions associated with the conventional electricity needed to power nearly 11 percent of residential household units in Neenah, Wis.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses