Neenah Paper Becomes Wisconsin’s Largest Purchaser of Renewable Energy
Neenah Paper has become Wisconsin’s largest purchaser of green power and has been named to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s distinguished Green Power Partnership. The partnership recognizes organizations for exemplary green power purchases.
The purchase of more than 10 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable energy qualifies Neenah Paper for membership in the partnership and makes the company the largest purchaser of renewable power in Wisconsin.
The environmental benefit of the renewable power purchase is equal to reducing the CO2 emissions associated with the combustion of 1,037,754 gallons of gasoline, according to Neenah. This is the equivalent of reducing the emissions associated with the conventional electricity needed to power nearly 11 percent of residential household units in Neenah, Wis.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners