Neenah Paper Becomes Wisconsin’s Largest Purchaser of Renewable Energy
Neenah Paper has become Wisconsin’s largest purchaser of green power and has been named to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s distinguished Green Power Partnership. The partnership recognizes organizations for exemplary green power purchases.
The purchase of more than 10 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable energy qualifies Neenah Paper for membership in the partnership and makes the company the largest purchaser of renewable power in Wisconsin.
The environmental benefit of the renewable power purchase is equal to reducing the CO2 emissions associated with the combustion of 1,037,754 gallons of gasoline, according to Neenah. This is the equivalent of reducing the emissions associated with the conventional electricity needed to power nearly 11 percent of residential household units in Neenah, Wis.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers