Neenah Paper Becomes Wisconsin’s Largest Purchaser of Renewable Energy
Neenah Paper has become Wisconsin’s largest purchaser of green power and has been named to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s distinguished Green Power Partnership. The partnership recognizes organizations for exemplary green power purchases.
The purchase of more than 10 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable energy qualifies Neenah Paper for membership in the partnership and makes the company the largest purchaser of renewable power in Wisconsin.
The environmental benefit of the renewable power purchase is equal to reducing the CO2 emissions associated with the combustion of 1,037,754 gallons of gasoline, according to Neenah. This is the equivalent of reducing the emissions associated with the conventional electricity needed to power nearly 11 percent of residential household units in Neenah, Wis.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation