Deyo Installs Solar System at Power Manufacturing Plant
Pacific Energy is finishing the installation of 90 of 180 solar panels as part of an energy-efficient system at Deyo, the makers of custom bicycling clothing for Team Voler Apparel, according to the Times Press Recorder.
Grover Beach, California city officials said the solar panel project is the largest in the cityÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s history, based on records dating back to 1997. According to building officials in Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande, no commercial solar panel system exists in either of the two cities that rivals the scale of the 180-panel Grover Beach project.
The installation cost an estimated $300,000, with rebates expected to reimburse 40 percent of that cost. The energy created by the panels will power one 18,000-square-foot building, which houses sublimation cylinders and sewing machines.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment