Deyo Installs Solar System at Power Manufacturing Plant
Pacific Energy is finishing the installation of 90 of 180 solar panels as part of an energy-efficient system at Deyo, the makers of custom bicycling clothing for Team Voler Apparel, according to the Times Press Recorder.
Grover Beach, California city officials said the solar panel project is the largest in the cityÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s history, based on records dating back to 1997. According to building officials in Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande, no commercial solar panel system exists in either of the two cities that rivals the scale of the 180-panel Grover Beach project.
The installation cost an estimated $300,000, with rebates expected to reimburse 40 percent of that cost. The energy created by the panels will power one 18,000-square-foot building, which houses sublimation cylinders and sewing machines.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend