Performance Bicycle Co. to Use 100% Renewable Energy
Performance Bicycle has become the first U.S. sports retailer to use renewable energy exclusively to power its stores, corporate headquarters, distribution centers and call center. The company will purchase over 5,087,260 kWh of renewable energy credits annually — equal to 100 percent of its electricity use — from Renewable Choice Energy.
The move will avoid over 7 million pounds of carbon dioxide pollution each year, which is equivalent to taking 618 cars off the road or planting over 966 acres of trees, according to the EPA.
Performance is also taking advantage of the chance to brand themselves as environmentally conscious to consumers. The company is offering gift cards to customers who choose wind power for their homes.
Energy Manager News
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant
- Schneider Electric Working with 3 NJ School Districts
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 14, 2016