Pepco Wins Baltimore City Public Schools Contract
Pepco Energy Services will provide a comprehensive energy efficiency and guaranteed savings program for the Baltimore City Public School System. Pepco Energy Services has served as the
electricity supplier to the Baltimore City Public School System since June, 2006. Pepco says the contract is worth $55 million and will provide over $27 million in guaranteed energy cost savings.
The 15-year contract calls for Pepco Energy Services to provide high-efficiency lighting and water conservation measures, the replacement of heating and cooling systems, the expansion of the energy management control system and the installation of new windows. Construction is underway and is expected to be completed by November, 2007.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners