Office Depot’s Green Book Hits Europe
Office Depot Inc. has expanded distribution of its b-to-b catalog of environmentally friendly products to five countries in Europe, including Britain, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Belgium.
The catalog, called The Green Book, was launched in the U.S. in 2003, with the goal of helping companies understand the environmentally friendly products offered by Office Depot, writes DM News (via Media Buyer Planner). Since then, the company has experienced growth in “green sales,” according to Yalmaz Siddiqui, environmental strategy adviser for Office Depot.
About 15 percent of the catalog is dedicated to education, and offers tips on making decisions about green purchases. The catalog will be mailed to existing accounts and prospects, and sales reps will use it as a sales tool.
If successful, Office Depot will consider expanding The Green Book to more countries.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council