Office Depot’s Green Book Hits Europe
Office Depot Inc. has expanded distribution of its b-to-b catalog of environmentally friendly products to five countries in Europe, including Britain, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Belgium.
The catalog, called The Green Book, was launched in the U.S. in 2003, with the goal of helping companies understand the environmentally friendly products offered by Office Depot, writes DM News (via Media Buyer Planner). Since then, the company has experienced growth in “green sales,” according to Yalmaz Siddiqui, environmental strategy adviser for Office Depot.
About 15 percent of the catalog is dedicated to education, and offers tips on making decisions about green purchases. The catalog will be mailed to existing accounts and prospects, and sales reps will use it as a sales tool.
If successful, Office Depot will consider expanding The Green Book to more countries.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts