Office Depot’s Green Book Hits Europe
Office Depot Inc. has expanded distribution of its b-to-b catalog of environmentally friendly products to five countries in Europe, including Britain, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Belgium.
The catalog, called The Green Book, was launched in the U.S. in 2003, with the goal of helping companies understand the environmentally friendly products offered by Office Depot, writes DM News (via Media Buyer Planner). Since then, the company has experienced growth in “green sales,” according to Yalmaz Siddiqui, environmental strategy adviser for Office Depot.
About 15 percent of the catalog is dedicated to education, and offers tips on making decisions about green purchases. The catalog will be mailed to existing accounts and prospects, and sales reps will use it as a sales tool.
If successful, Office Depot will consider expanding The Green Book to more countries.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls