Interface & Meridian IQ Win EPA Award for Transportation
Interface, a global manufacturer of carpet and commercial fabrics,Â and Meridian IQ, a provider of global logistics services,Â are joint recipients of an Environmental Excellence Award from the EPAâ€™s SmartWay Transport Partnership for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and other air pollutants related to transportation activities.
Meridian IQ helped Interface take the Shipper FLEET Performance model and “dig a bit deeper” to create a model for measuring Interfaceâ€™s transportation footprint that goes well beyond the rail and truck transport parameters in the EPA model, to also include ocean and air impacts. Additionally Meridian IQ has also enabled Interface to break the data down by truckload – even partial truckload – to ensure the most accurate emission reduction results and to optimize Interfaceâ€™s supply chain efficiency in keeping with its sustainability goals.
“As a company, we have committed to Mission Zero, our promise to eliminate any negative impact the company has on the environment by 2020,” said Tim Riordan, vice president of supply chain, Interface, Inc. and the companyâ€™s liaison to the SmartWay Transport Partnership.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Courtâ€™s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency