Interface & Meridian IQ Win EPA Award for Transportation
Interface, a global manufacturer of carpet and commercial fabrics,Â and Meridian IQ, a provider of global logistics services,Â are joint recipients of an Environmental Excellence Award from the EPAâ€™s SmartWay Transport Partnership for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and other air pollutants related to transportation activities.
Meridian IQ helped Interface take the Shipper FLEET Performance model and “dig a bit deeper” to create a model for measuring Interfaceâ€™s transportation footprint that goes well beyond the rail and truck transport parameters in the EPA model, to also include ocean and air impacts. Additionally Meridian IQ has also enabled Interface to break the data down by truckload – even partial truckload – to ensure the most accurate emission reduction results and to optimize Interfaceâ€™s supply chain efficiency in keeping with its sustainability goals.
“As a company, we have committed to Mission Zero, our promise to eliminate any negative impact the company has on the environment by 2020,” said Tim Riordan, vice president of supply chain, Interface, Inc. and the companyâ€™s liaison to the SmartWay Transport Partnership.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated â€“ and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage