Interface & Meridian IQ Win EPA Award for Transportation
Interface, a global manufacturer of carpet and commercial fabrics,Â and Meridian IQ, a provider of global logistics services,Â are joint recipients of an Environmental Excellence Award from the EPAâ€™s SmartWay Transport Partnership for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and other air pollutants related to transportation activities.
Meridian IQ helped Interface take the Shipper FLEET Performance model and “dig a bit deeper” to create a model for measuring Interfaceâ€™s transportation footprint that goes well beyond the rail and truck transport parameters in the EPA model, to also include ocean and air impacts. Additionally Meridian IQ has also enabled Interface to break the data down by truckload – even partial truckload – to ensure the most accurate emission reduction results and to optimize Interfaceâ€™s supply chain efficiency in keeping with its sustainability goals.
“As a company, we have committed to Mission Zero, our promise to eliminate any negative impact the company has on the environment by 2020,” said Tim Riordan, vice president of supply chain, Interface, Inc. and the companyâ€™s liaison to the SmartWay Transport Partnership.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works