NYC Elementary School Goes 100% Renewable
The Metropolitan Montessori School has become the first private, primary/elementary school in New York City to purchase renewable Green Power for 100 percent of its electricity supply.
That translates into 136,000 kilowatt-hours of of Wind Energy, which will provide power to the school’s 16,000-square-foot campus.
Compared to their current purchase of energy in New York, Montessori’s Green Power purchase accounts for an annual carbon offset of over 175,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions. This annual environmental benefit is equivalent to over 12,000 new trees or not driving over 150,000 miles.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland