NYC Elementary School Goes 100% Renewable
The Metropolitan Montessori School has become the first private, primary/elementary school in New York City to purchase renewable Green Power for 100 percent of its electricity supply.
That translates into 136,000 kilowatt-hours of of Wind Energy, which will provide power to the school’s 16,000-square-foot campus.
Compared to their current purchase of energy in New York, Montessori’s Green Power purchase accounts for an annual carbon offset of over 175,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions. This annual environmental benefit is equivalent to over 12,000 new trees or not driving over 150,000 miles.
Energy Manager News
- Companies Vie to Define the New Grid
- Tesla ‘Gigafactory’ Will Be Net-Neutral
- Apple: First Company to Use 100% Renewable Energy in Singapore
- Energy Efficiency Efforts Face Obstacles in New Buildings and Retrofits
- Turlock Irrigation District Offers Incentives
- Invenergy Signs Deals with Equinix and Owens Corning
- Overcoming Skepticism about Energy Upgrades
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane