NYC Elementary School Goes 100% Renewable
The Metropolitan Montessori School has become the first private, primary/elementary school in New York City to purchase renewable Green Power for 100 percent of its electricity supply.
That translates into 136,000 kilowatt-hours of of Wind Energy, which will provide power to the school’s 16,000-square-foot campus.
Compared to their current purchase of energy in New York, Montessori’s Green Power purchase accounts for an annual carbon offset of over 175,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions. This annual environmental benefit is equivalent to over 12,000 new trees or not driving over 150,000 miles.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities