NYC Elementary School Goes 100% Renewable
The Metropolitan Montessori School has become the first private, primary/elementary school in New York City to purchase renewable Green Power for 100 percent of its electricity supply.
That translates into 136,000 kilowatt-hours of of Wind Energy, which will provide power to the school’s 16,000-square-foot campus.
Compared to their current purchase of energy in New York, Montessori’s Green Power purchase accounts for an annual carbon offset of over 175,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions. This annual environmental benefit is equivalent to over 12,000 new trees or not driving over 150,000 miles.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales