NYC Elementary School Goes 100% Renewable
The Metropolitan Montessori School has become the first private, primary/elementary school in New York City to purchase renewable Green Power for 100 percent of its electricity supply.
That translates into 136,000 kilowatt-hours of of Wind Energy, which will provide power to the school’s 16,000-square-foot campus.
Compared to their current purchase of energy in New York, Montessori’s Green Power purchase accounts for an annual carbon offset of over 175,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions. This annual environmental benefit is equivalent to over 12,000 new trees or not driving over 150,000 miles.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant