Wolverine Largest Participant in Michigan’s Renewable Energy Program
Wolverine World Wide and Consumers Energy, Michigan’s second-largest provider of natural gas and electricity, announced that Wolverine will become the largest participant in Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program. Wolverine’s involvement in the program will make the Company one of the largest users of renewable energy in the state of Michigan.
Wolverine will match the entire amount of electric energy used at its three-building Rockford, Mich. corporate offices with Michigan-based renewable energy. Consumers Energy purchases electricity on behalf of its customers from landfill gas and wind-generated renewable energy projects located in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Participation in Green Generation provides customers of the utility the opportunity to represent a portion or all of their electric consumption from renewable generation sources.
Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy, says that overall customer enrollment in the company’s Green Generation program numbers more than 7,000 volunteer participants and has continued to rise, including a 20 percent increase in enrollment in recent weeks.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland