Green Mountain Launches Site, Viral Campaign to Sell Offsets
BeGreenNow has a carbon calculator that lets individuals figure out their carbon footprint. It then sells carbon offset purchases that go to Green Mountain Energy projects.
There’s information for businesses, but Green Mountain has a different site for commercial sector clients at eMission Solutions.
BeGreenNow visitors have to provide an email address to use the calculator- there’s no signup to receive future email marketing, so it’s not clear what Green Mountain will do with them – and can login to recalculate your footprint and buy more offsets later. You can also create a profile page with picture for social networking.
The site even provides html code visitors can copy and paste into a MySpace page or personal website to spreed Green Mountain’s program.
The BeGreen carbon offset program is also sponsoring a video contest on its MySpace Page where users can submit a video about what they do to Be Green. Visitors vote on their favorite video.
The prize? $500 worth of Green Mountain carbon offsets.
The campaign was developed by green marketing company, digital-telepathy.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.