San Diego Gas & Electric Increases Renewables by 120MW
Two solar contracts with Bethel Energy will add nearly 100 MW of renewable electricity to SDG&E’s energy portfolio. Another contract with Esmeralda Energy will supply an additional 20 MW of geothermal energy beyond the 20 MW SDG&E announced in March 2006.
The renewables facilities will be built in Imperial Valley, California.
SDG&E now has approximately 16 percent of its customers’ energy requirements under contract to be delivered by 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B