San Diego Gas & Electric Increases Renewables by 120MW
Two solar contracts with Bethel Energy will add nearly 100 MW of renewable electricity to SDG&E’s energy portfolio. Another contract with Esmeralda Energy will supply an additional 20 MW of geothermal energy beyond the 20 MW SDG&E announced in March 2006.
The renewables facilities will be built in Imperial Valley, California.
SDG&E now has approximately 16 percent of its customers’ energy requirements under contract to be delivered by 2010.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case