San Diego Gas & Electric Increases Renewables by 120MW
Two solar contracts with Bethel Energy will add nearly 100 MW of renewable electricity to SDG&E’s energy portfolio. Another contract with Esmeralda Energy will supply an additional 20 MW of geothermal energy beyond the 20 MW SDG&E announced in March 2006.
The renewables facilities will be built in Imperial Valley, California.
SDG&E now has approximately 16 percent of its customers’ energy requirements under contract to be delivered by 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts