San Diego Gas & Electric Increases Renewables by 120MW
Two solar contracts with Bethel Energy will add nearly 100 MW of renewable electricity to SDG&E’s energy portfolio. Another contract with Esmeralda Energy will supply an additional 20 MW of geothermal energy beyond the 20 MW SDG&E announced in March 2006.
The renewables facilities will be built in Imperial Valley, California.
SDG&E now has approximately 16 percent of its customers’ energy requirements under contract to be delivered by 2010.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M