San Diego Gas & Electric Increases Renewables by 120MW
Two solar contracts with Bethel Energy will add nearly 100 MW of renewable electricity to SDG&E’s energy portfolio. Another contract with Esmeralda Energy will supply an additional 20 MW of geothermal energy beyond the 20 MW SDG&E announced in March 2006.
The renewables facilities will be built in Imperial Valley, California.
SDG&E now has approximately 16 percent of its customers’ energy requirements under contract to be delivered by 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management