Walgreens Tests Energy-Saving Ballast System
Walgreens is installing Axis Technology Group’s Dimming/Daylight Harvesting Ballast system in test stores. Energy Solutions Group, which supplies lighting equipment and services for all 5515 Walgreens stores, is installing the systems at the initial locations to accumulate data with regard to lighting energy cost reductions.
“This is an incredible opportunity for Axis to showcase our superior product to an industry mammoth like Walgreens,” says Axis President Jim Erickson. “We have received incredible feedback from our current customer base and in recent case studies.”
Earlier this week, Axis annnounced that it was installing DDH ballasts in two Harrah’s Casinos parking garages in New Jersey, and that additional installations were expected to follow at various Harrah’s locations.
A recent study conducted by Texas A&M Energy Systems Laboratory after a year-long evaluation on a test installation utilizing the Axis Dimming/Daylight Harvesting ballast system at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, cited an overall lighting energy reduction of 20 percent over the previous T8 system and a 26 percent peak demand reduction.
Axis says its DDH ballast can reduce lighting energy costs by up to 70 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs