Prism Solar Technologies to Market Hitachi Solar Tech
Hitachi America has signed an agreement with Prism Solar Technologies that allows PST to market Hitachi’s bifacial photovoltaic cells and manufacture modules for sale under the Hitachi brand name in the US to key clients and customer groups.
This agreement is an expansion into new markets for Hitachi’s solar products. Both companies have similar views of what needs to happen in technology and the marketplace to keep PV a growing business sector.While most of the PV module manufacturers use monofacial PV cells in their modules, Hitachi has developed a unique cell that can produce power from both the back and front sides of the PV cell. The amount of power produced from the back-side is dependant on the amount and method of getting sunlight onto the back of the solar cell or module. Until recently, options to accomplish this have been limited to using mirrors or reflectors.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018