Prism Solar Technologies to Market Hitachi Solar Tech
Hitachi America has signed an agreement with Prism Solar Technologies that allows PST to market Hitachi’s bifacial photovoltaic cells and manufacture modules for sale under the Hitachi brand name in the US to key clients and customer groups.
This agreement is an expansion into new markets for Hitachi’s solar products. Both companies have similar views of what needs to happen in technology and the marketplace to keep PV a growing business sector.While most of the PV module manufacturers use monofacial PV cells in their modules, Hitachi has developed a unique cell that can produce power from both the back and front sides of the PV cell. The amount of power produced from the back-side is dependant on the amount and method of getting sunlight onto the back of the solar cell or module. Until recently, options to accomplish this have been limited to using mirrors or reflectors.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B