Big Names Back 6 Degrees of Energy Efficiency Challenge
The Alliance to Save Energy, the American Gas Association, Dow Chemical Company and over 25 additional Power is in Your Hands partners launched the 6 Degrees of Energy Efficiency Challenge – a Web site to promote energy-efficiency.
“Natural gas utilities want households to know there are plenty of simple steps they can take to lower their home heating bills this winter, from adding weather-stripping, to checking the efficiency of their furnaces, or spreading out their winter bills by signing up with their local utility for a level-payment program. ‘Six Degrees of Energy Efficiency’ truly does put the power in the hands of the consumer,” said David N. Parker, President and CEO of AGA. “Natural gas utilities are proud to be a part of this campaign.”
“Every consumer has a part to play in energy efficiency,” said Peter Molinaro, vice president of government affairs for Dow Chemical. “We are proud to support the 6° of Energy Efficiency Challenge because it demonstrates that each person’s energy use has a much wider impact. By linking us all together, we help turn small steps into big change.”
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.