Green-e Readies Greenhouse Gas Reductions Standard
The new Green-e Retail Greenhouse Gas Product Certification Standard will be released for comment in the next few weeks. The Center for Resource Solutions is developing the new standard with the Green-e GHG Advisory Group, comprised of environmental organizations, government agencies, businesses, and advocacy organizations who work on climate change issues.
The goal is to provide consumer protection and market support to the emerging retail greenhouse gas reduction market and the growing number of consumers who choose to decrease their carbon footprint by purchasing greenhouse gas reductions. The standard aims to ensure that customers are getting high quality reductions and are protected from double counting and misleading marketing practices.
Those interested in participating as stakeholders in the upcoming standard review process should should contact Alex Pennock, measurement & verification services associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management