Green-e Readies Greenhouse Gas Reductions Standard
The new Green-e Retail Greenhouse Gas Product Certification Standard will be released for comment in the next few weeks. The Center for Resource Solutions is developing the new standard with the Green-e GHG Advisory Group, comprised of environmental organizations, government agencies, businesses, and advocacy organizations who work on climate change issues.
The goal is to provide consumer protection and market support to the emerging retail greenhouse gas reduction market and the growing number of consumers who choose to decrease their carbon footprint by purchasing greenhouse gas reductions. The standard aims to ensure that customers are getting high quality reductions and are protected from double counting and misleading marketing practices.
Those interested in participating as stakeholders in the upcoming standard review process should should contact Alex Pennock, measurement & verification services associate, at email@example.com.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market