Green-e Readies Greenhouse Gas Reductions Standard
The new Green-e Retail Greenhouse Gas Product Certification Standard will be released for comment in the next few weeks. The Center for Resource Solutions is developing the new standard with the Green-e GHG Advisory Group, comprised of environmental organizations, government agencies, businesses, and advocacy organizations who work on climate change issues.
The goal is to provide consumer protection and market support to the emerging retail greenhouse gas reduction market and the growing number of consumers who choose to decrease their carbon footprint by purchasing greenhouse gas reductions. The standard aims to ensure that customers are getting high quality reductions and are protected from double counting and misleading marketing practices.
Those interested in participating as stakeholders in the upcoming standard review process should should contact Alex Pennock, measurement & verification services associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE