Green-e Readies Greenhouse Gas Reductions Standard
The new Green-e Retail Greenhouse Gas Product Certification Standard will be released for comment in the next few weeks. The Center for Resource Solutions is developing the new standard with the Green-e GHG Advisory Group, comprised of environmental organizations, government agencies, businesses, and advocacy organizations who work on climate change issues.
The goal is to provide consumer protection and market support to the emerging retail greenhouse gas reduction market and the growing number of consumers who choose to decrease their carbon footprint by purchasing greenhouse gas reductions. The standard aims to ensure that customers are getting high quality reductions and are protected from double counting and misleading marketing practices.
Those interested in participating as stakeholders in the upcoming standard review process should should contact Alex Pennock, measurement & verification services associate, at email@example.com.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned