Green-e Readies Greenhouse Gas Reductions Standard
The new Green-e Retail Greenhouse Gas Product Certification Standard will be released for comment in the next few weeks. The Center for Resource Solutions is developing the new standard with the Green-e GHG Advisory Group, comprised of environmental organizations, government agencies, businesses, and advocacy organizations who work on climate change issues.
The goal is to provide consumer protection and market support to the emerging retail greenhouse gas reduction market and the growing number of consumers who choose to decrease their carbon footprint by purchasing greenhouse gas reductions. The standard aims to ensure that customers are getting high quality reductions and are protected from double counting and misleading marketing practices.
Those interested in participating as stakeholders in the upcoming standard review process should should contact Alex Pennock, measurement & verification services associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council