Tool Predicts Fuel Costs & Emissions for Fleet Managers
A new, interactive fleet processing tool lets fleet managers predict fuel costs and emissions for a wide variety of commercial passenger vehicles. Using these measurements, fleet managers can calculate and compare advantages of E85, B20 biodiesel and hybrid electric use within their fleets. The free, web-based tool comes from NextEnergy.
The global fleet processing tool also aids fleet managers in evaluating emissions from various types of new powertrain technologies, engine sizes, and alternative fuel vehicles. It is easily accessed through a Web site hosted and maintained by NextEnergy. The core of the Web site is a vehicular modeling and simulation program developed by Southwest Research Institute and used on projects for the U.S. government, U.S. Army and automotive manufacturers and suppliers.
Users input fleet drive cycles (patterns) on a percentage basis of city and highway driving. The program then calculates and projects the baseline fuel costs and emissions produced. For side-by-side comparison, the host Web page also contains information on new, alternative fuel and advanced powertrain technologies. Users are able to select from these different technologies to determine the fuel costs and emissions produced.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program