Tool Predicts Fuel Costs & Emissions for Fleet Managers
A new, interactive fleet processing tool lets fleet managers predict fuel costs and emissions for a wide variety of commercial passenger vehicles. Using these measurements, fleet managers can calculate and compare advantages of E85, B20 biodiesel and hybrid electric use within their fleets. The free, web-based tool comes from NextEnergy.
The global fleet processing tool also aids fleet managers in evaluating emissions from various types of new powertrain technologies, engine sizes, and alternative fuel vehicles. It is easily accessed through a Web site hosted and maintained by NextEnergy. The core of the Web site is a vehicular modeling and simulation program developed by Southwest Research Institute and used on projects for the U.S. government, U.S. Army and automotive manufacturers and suppliers.
Users input fleet drive cycles (patterns) on a percentage basis of city and highway driving. The program then calculates and projects the baseline fuel costs and emissions produced. For side-by-side comparison, the host Web page also contains information on new, alternative fuel and advanced powertrain technologies. Users are able to select from these different technologies to determine the fuel costs and emissions produced.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables