Tool Predicts Fuel Costs & Emissions for Fleet Managers
A new, interactive fleet processing tool lets fleet managers predict fuel costs and emissions for a wide variety of commercial passenger vehicles. Using these measurements, fleet managers can calculate and compare advantages of E85, B20 biodiesel and hybrid electric use within their fleets. The free, web-based tool comes from NextEnergy.
The global fleet processing tool also aids fleet managers in evaluating emissions from various types of new powertrain technologies, engine sizes, and alternative fuel vehicles. It is easily accessed through a Web site hosted and maintained by NextEnergy. The core of the Web site is a vehicular modeling and simulation program developed by Southwest Research Institute and used on projects for the U.S. government, U.S. Army and automotive manufacturers and suppliers.
Users input fleet drive cycles (patterns) on a percentage basis of city and highway driving. The program then calculates and projects the baseline fuel costs and emissions produced. For side-by-side comparison, the host Web page also contains information on new, alternative fuel and advanced powertrain technologies. Users are able to select from these different technologies to determine the fuel costs and emissions produced.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures