Saks Saves with Green Christmas Windows
Saks Fifth Avenue’s famous Christmas windows have received a green upgrade. The department store’s “snowflake spectacle” light show has 40,400 newly upgraded LEDs from Philips that use only 2600W of energy – the equivalent of three toaster ovens, according to Phillips.
The display consists of 50 8-foot and 20-foot illuminated snow flakes that reach 10 stories high and an LED-light show.
The Philips Lighting technology featured on the Saks Fifth Avenue exterior will also appear in the building’s 28 surrounding windows. Representations of the snowflakes will also appear in all 54 Saks Fifth Avenue stores nationwide.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves