Saks Saves with Green Christmas Windows
Saks Fifth Avenue’s famous Christmas windows have received a green upgrade. The department store’s “snowflake spectacle” light show has 40,400 newly upgraded LEDs from Philips that use only 2600W of energy – the equivalent of three toaster ovens, according to Phillips.
The display consists of 50 8-foot and 20-foot illuminated snow flakes that reach 10 stories high and an LED-light show.
The Philips Lighting technology featured on the Saks Fifth Avenue exterior will also appear in the building’s 28 surrounding windows. Representations of the snowflakes will also appear in all 54 Saks Fifth Avenue stores nationwide.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation