Saks Saves with Green Christmas Windows
Saks Fifth Avenue’s famous Christmas windows have received a green upgrade. The department store’s “snowflake spectacle” light show has 40,400 newly upgraded LEDs from Philips that use only 2600W of energy – the equivalent of three toaster ovens, according to Phillips.
The display consists of 50 8-foot and 20-foot illuminated snow flakes that reach 10 stories high and an LED-light show.
The Philips Lighting technology featured on the Saks Fifth Avenue exterior will also appear in the building’s 28 surrounding windows. Representations of the snowflakes will also appear in all 54 Saks Fifth Avenue stores nationwide.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B