Saks Saves with Green Christmas Windows
Saks Fifth Avenue’s famous Christmas windows have received a green upgrade. The department store’s “snowflake spectacle” light show has 40,400 newly upgraded LEDs from Philips that use only 2600W of energy – the equivalent of three toaster ovens, according to Phillips.
The display consists of 50 8-foot and 20-foot illuminated snow flakes that reach 10 stories high and an LED-light show.
The Philips Lighting technology featured on the Saks Fifth Avenue exterior will also appear in the building’s 28 surrounding windows. Representations of the snowflakes will also appear in all 54 Saks Fifth Avenue stores nationwide.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes