Saks Saves with Green Christmas Windows
Saks Fifth Avenue’s famous Christmas windows have received a green upgrade. The department store’s “snowflake spectacle” light show has 40,400 newly upgraded LEDs from Philips that use only 2600W of energy – the equivalent of three toaster ovens, according to Phillips.
The display consists of 50 8-foot and 20-foot illuminated snow flakes that reach 10 stories high and an LED-light show.
The Philips Lighting technology featured on the Saks Fifth Avenue exterior will also appear in the building’s 28 surrounding windows. Representations of the snowflakes will also appear in all 54 Saks Fifth Avenue stores nationwide.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries