Williams-Sonoma Catalogs to Receive FSC Certification
Williams-Sonoma has begun sourcing more than 90% of the paper used in the company’s seven catalogs (Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Bed and Bath, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, west elm and Williams-Sonoma Home) from sources certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC certification will ensure that catalog paper comes from well-managed forests that adhere to strict environmental and socioeconomic standards.
“We could not have achieved this certification without the support and determined efforts of our supply chain partner, NewPage Corporation,” said Pat Connolly, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Williams-Sonoma. “Securing FSC certification demonstrates their continued dedication to responsible forest management and long-term sustainability.”
Williams-Sonoma will begin to display the FSC Mixed Sources label on its catalogs in early 2007.
Williams-Sonoma also incorporates 10 percent post consumer recycled content into its Williams-Sonoma catalog and 30 percent post consumer recycled content in shipping cartons, in-store collateral, gift wrap, gift boxes, copy paper, and corporate stationary.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry