New SmartWay Loan for Trucking Companies
A new loan initiative for small trucking companies will help pay for fuel-saving technologies. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is partnering with the Small Business Administration to make loans available to purchase SmartWay Upgrade Kits.
This loan initiative uses SBA Express Loans and partners with Bank of America, Business Loan Express, Superior Financial Group and other SBA lenders to help small trucking companies finance the purchase of SmartWay Upgrade Kits. The kits include idle-reduction devices, low rolling resistance tires, aerodynamic equipment, and exhaust after-treatment devices. The kits can improve truck fuel efficiency by 15 percent and save more than $8,000 in fuel costs annually, while significantly reducing emissions of soot and nitrogen oxides.
Participating lenders will provide quick approval and affordable monthly payments. Small trucking firms can borrow from $5,000 to $25,000, with no collateral, an easy on-line or telephone application, and flexible loan terms.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike