Wal-Mart Makes ‘Climate Project’ Donation and Peddles Gore’s Book
The funds donated by Wal-Mart will be used to train 1,000 lecturers, who will share information on environmental affairs to audiences across America.
The donation coincides with the release of Gore’s documentary and book, “An Inconvenient Truth,” which is now available at more than 3,900 Wal-Mart stores and Sam’s Club locations nationwide. Wal-Mart is also selling a DVD package, which includes the documentary and a compact fluorescent light bulb.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Alabama Builders Exceeding Requirements
- Georgia Power Begins 30 MW Solar Project at Naval Submarine Base
- Onsite Energy Sector Rising Due to Grid Struggles
- Avoiding Energy Waste in Commercial Chicken Coops
- Ohio School District to Flip Switch on 535 Kilowatt Solar Array
- Scotland Carbon Trust Points Way to the Nation’s Energy Future
- Carroll County, MD, to Use Solar to Cut Energy Use by 20%
- La-Z Boy Gets LEEDs Certified