TechVision21: Billions in Federal Alt Energy Funding
Speaking before the Electric Drive Transportation Association on Tuesday, TechVision21 CEO Kelly Carnes outlined the billions of dollars in federal alternative energy grants, loan guarantees, and other financial assistance flowing to companies, agricultural producers, universities, state and local governments, and non-profits now and in the years ahead.
“The federal government is aggressively responding to the demand for energy independence, cleaner air and new choices in transportation,” said Carnes. “The federal government now appears ready to invest billions of dollars to grow an alternative energy industry in the United States that will help blunt the sticker shock of rising gasoline prices and put the brakes on global warming. This financial commitment offers a rare opportunity for U.S. industry to take advantage of the global demand for alternative energy solutions, and sets the stage for the long term transition to the hydrogen economy.”
In response to these funding opportunities, Carnes announced an expansion of TechVision21’s business practice to support companies, agricultural producers, and other groups in capitalizing on alternative energy, including hydrogen, fuel-cells, biomass, solar, wind power, bio-fuels, and alternative fuel vehicles. “We want to help companies access these funds for R&D, business start-up, operation and expansion, deployment of renewable energy systems and production plants, and workforce training,” Carnes added.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management