Swarthmore Bans Coke
Swarthmore College is the latest college to stop selling Coca-Cola in protest over what its students see as the shortcomings of the drinks company’s environmental and human rights record, Environmental Data Interactive reports.
The college has told the Coca-Cola company it will not be buying any more of its products until it permits an independent investigation into the alleged lapses. Other colleges banning coke include the universities of New York and Michigan.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management