Swarthmore Bans Coke
Swarthmore College is the latest college to stop selling Coca-Cola in protest over what its students see as the shortcomings of the drinks company’s environmental and human rights record, Environmental Data Interactive reports.
The college has told the Coca-Cola company it will not be buying any more of its products until it permits an independent investigation into the alleged lapses. Other colleges banning coke include the universities of New York and Michigan.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program