Swarthmore Bans Coke
Swarthmore College is the latest college to stop selling Coca-Cola in protest over what its students see as the shortcomings of the drinks company’s environmental and human rights record, Environmental Data Interactive reports.
The college has told the Coca-Cola company it will not be buying any more of its products until it permits an independent investigation into the alleged lapses. Other colleges banning coke include the universities of New York and Michigan.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works