Swarthmore Bans Coke
Swarthmore College is the latest college to stop selling Coca-Cola in protest over what its students see as the shortcomings of the drinks company’s environmental and human rights record, Environmental Data Interactive reports.
The college has told the Coca-Cola company it will not be buying any more of its products until it permits an independent investigation into the alleged lapses. Other colleges banning coke include the universities of New York and Michigan.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds