Swarthmore Bans Coke
Swarthmore College is the latest college to stop selling Coca-Cola in protest over what its students see as the shortcomings of the drinks company’s environmental and human rights record, Environmental Data Interactive reports.
The college has told the Coca-Cola company it will not be buying any more of its products until it permits an independent investigation into the alleged lapses. Other colleges banning coke include the universities of New York and Michigan.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland