Virgin Unveils Fuel-Saving Plan
Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic plans to cut aviation emissions by towing aircraft to take-off areas at London airports, Reuters reports.
Virgin hopes to reduce the time engines are running before takeoff to about 10 minutes. Trials will take place at Heathrow and Gatwick using Boeing 747-400 planes, with a longer trial expected in the first quarter of 2007.
Virgin is also talking to airports in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York about similar trials.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform