Virgin Unveils Fuel-Saving Plan
Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic plans to cut aviation emissions by towing aircraft to take-off areas at London airports, Reuters reports.
Virgin hopes to reduce the time engines are running before takeoff to about 10 minutes. Trials will take place at Heathrow and Gatwick using Boeing 747-400 planes, with a longer trial expected in the first quarter of 2007.
Virgin is also talking to airports in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York about similar trials.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales