Virgin Unveils Fuel-Saving Plan
Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic plans to cut aviation emissions by towing aircraft to take-off areas at London airports, Reuters reports.
Virgin hopes to reduce the time engines are running before takeoff to about 10 minutes. Trials will take place at Heathrow and Gatwick using Boeing 747-400 planes, with a longer trial expected in the first quarter of 2007.
Virgin is also talking to airports in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York about similar trials.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem