Virgin Unveils Fuel-Saving Plan
Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic plans to cut aviation emissions by towing aircraft to take-off areas at London airports, Reuters reports.
Virgin hopes to reduce the time engines are running before takeoff to about 10 minutes. Trials will take place at Heathrow and Gatwick using Boeing 747-400 planes, with a longer trial expected in the first quarter of 2007.
Virgin is also talking to airports in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York about similar trials.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses