Portland Launches Biofuel Incentive Program
Biofuels Investment Fund: The Biofuels Investment Fund will support the development of infrastructure to enhance the production, storage, blending and distribution infrastructure for B20 or higher, and E85. The Fund will also support non-infrastructure related projects that support Portland’s biofuels priorities, including proposals that further the development of Oregon-grown feedstock supply chains.
A total of $450,000 is available in the Biofuels Investment Fund with a maximum grant amount for any project of $225,000. A pre-application informational meeting is scheduled for December 18, 2006, and proposals are due by February 7, 2007.
Retail & Fleet Biofuels Infrastructure Grant: The Retail & Fleet Biofuels Infrastructure Grant provides incentives of up to $10,000 to install or convert fueling equipment at retail gas stations and fleet fueling sites to biodiesel blends of B20 or higher, and ethanol blends of E85. Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis to projects that meet the grant’s eligibility guidelines. The City anticipates awarding a total of approximately $120,000 to 12 to 15 projects.
Details and application materials for the City of Portland’s Biofuels Investment Fund and the Retail & Fleet Biofuels Infrastructure Grant are available here or by contacting the Office of Sustainable Development at 503-823-7222.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight