Portland Launches Biofuel Incentive Program
Biofuels Investment Fund: The Biofuels Investment Fund will support the development of infrastructure to enhance the production, storage, blending and distribution infrastructure for B20 or higher, and E85. The Fund will also support non-infrastructure related projects that support Portland’s biofuels priorities, including proposals that further the development of Oregon-grown feedstock supply chains.
A total of $450,000 is available in the Biofuels Investment Fund with a maximum grant amount for any project of $225,000. A pre-application informational meeting is scheduled for December 18, 2006, and proposals are due by February 7, 2007.
Retail & Fleet Biofuels Infrastructure Grant: The Retail & Fleet Biofuels Infrastructure Grant provides incentives of up to $10,000 to install or convert fueling equipment at retail gas stations and fleet fueling sites to biodiesel blends of B20 or higher, and ethanol blends of E85. Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis to projects that meet the grant’s eligibility guidelines. The City anticipates awarding a total of approximately $120,000 to 12 to 15 projects.
Details and application materials for the City of Portland’s Biofuels Investment Fund and the Retail & Fleet Biofuels Infrastructure Grant are available here or by contacting the Office of Sustainable Development at 503-823-7222.
Energy Manager News
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates