Honeywell Energy Plan Saves School District $129,000
In 2004, the School Department, working with Honeywell, designed a $776,000 plan that would pay for itself in five years. Now, with the higher cost of fuel, that could happen sooner.
The plan included insulating heating pipes, adding weather stripping, insulating attics, retrofitting lighting and a temperature control system upgrade.
The School Department recently was cited by Efficiency Maine for its efforts and received an $85,000 incentive that helped fund the upgrade program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment