Honeywell Energy Plan Saves School District $129,000
In 2004, the School Department, working with Honeywell, designed a $776,000 plan that would pay for itself in five years. Now, with the higher cost of fuel, that could happen sooner.
The plan included insulating heating pipes, adding weather stripping, insulating attics, retrofitting lighting and a temperature control system upgrade.
The School Department recently was cited by Efficiency Maine for its efforts and received an $85,000 incentive that helped fund the upgrade program.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike