Honeywell Energy Plan Saves School District $129,000
In 2004, the School Department, working with Honeywell, designed a $776,000 plan that would pay for itself in five years. Now, with the higher cost of fuel, that could happen sooner.
The plan included insulating heating pipes, adding weather stripping, insulating attics, retrofitting lighting and a temperature control system upgrade.
The School Department recently was cited by Efficiency Maine for its efforts and received an $85,000 incentive that helped fund the upgrade program.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project