Honeywell Energy Plan Saves School District $129,000
In 2004, the School Department, working with Honeywell, designed a $776,000 plan that would pay for itself in five years. Now, with the higher cost of fuel, that could happen sooner.
The plan included insulating heating pipes, adding weather stripping, insulating attics, retrofitting lighting and a temperature control system upgrade.
The School Department recently was cited by Efficiency Maine for its efforts and received an $85,000 incentive that helped fund the upgrade program.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls