Honeywell Energy Plan Saves School District $129,000
In 2004, the School Department, working with Honeywell, designed a $776,000 plan that would pay for itself in five years. Now, with the higher cost of fuel, that could happen sooner.
The plan included insulating heating pipes, adding weather stripping, insulating attics, retrofitting lighting and a temperature control system upgrade.
The School Department recently was cited by Efficiency Maine for its efforts and received an $85,000 incentive that helped fund the upgrade program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management