Westinghouse Wins China Nuke Reactor Contract
China’s State Nuclear Power Technology Company will use the Westinghouse AP1000 as the technology basis for four new nuclear power plants to be constructed in Sanmen and Yangjiang.
Westinghouse, with the world’s largest installed base of operating nuclear power plants, said the selection of the AP1000 would create or sustain 5,000 well-paying design, engineering and manufacturing jobs throughout the United States.
These jobs will help to load Westinghouse design and manufacturing facilities in Pennsylvania, New England, South Carolina and Utah. Additional jobs will be created at U.S.-based suppliers in at least 20 states, including at major architectural, design and construction organizations. Included are projected jobs in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Louisiana for Shaw Group, Westinghouse’s consortium partner.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging