Westinghouse Wins China Nuke Reactor Contract
China’s State Nuclear Power Technology Company will use the Westinghouse AP1000 as the technology basis for four new nuclear power plants to be constructed in Sanmen and Yangjiang.
Westinghouse, with the world’s largest installed base of operating nuclear power plants, said the selection of the AP1000 would create or sustain 5,000 well-paying design, engineering and manufacturing jobs throughout the United States.
These jobs will help to load Westinghouse design and manufacturing facilities in Pennsylvania, New England, South Carolina and Utah. Additional jobs will be created at U.S.-based suppliers in at least 20 states, including at major architectural, design and construction organizations. Included are projected jobs in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Louisiana for Shaw Group, Westinghouse’s consortium partner.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures