Constellation NewEnergy Sends RECs with Holiday Cards
Here’s a marketing idea that’s hard to beat. Constellation NewEnergy, which has helped many of its customers incorporate renewable energy solutions into their electricity needs, is making a green energy purchase for each of the Christmas cards that it sends to its business customers and friends throughout the U.S. and Canada. Every card delivered represents a purchase of 100 kilowatt hours (kWh) of wind renewable energy certificates (RECs), procured entirely in the U.S. and Canada.
According to Constellation, 100 kWh of electricity is approximately equal to the energy required to power a strand of 200 holiday lights for 1,000 hours. The gesture underscores the company’s message that it’s commited to developing more clean, environmentally friendly sources of energy generation.
It’s probably a Christmas card that will rise to the top of the stack, get passed around, and in general be envied by the competition.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management