Constellation NewEnergy Sends RECs with Holiday Cards
Here’s a marketing idea that’s hard to beat. Constellation NewEnergy, which has helped many of its customers incorporate renewable energy solutions into their electricity needs, is making a green energy purchase for each of the Christmas cards that it sends to its business customers and friends throughout the U.S. and Canada. Every card delivered represents a purchase of 100 kilowatt hours (kWh) of wind renewable energy certificates (RECs), procured entirely in the U.S. and Canada.
According to Constellation, 100 kWh of electricity is approximately equal to the energy required to power a strand of 200 holiday lights for 1,000 hours. The gesture underscores the company’s message that it’s commited to developing more clean, environmentally friendly sources of energy generation.
It’s probably a Christmas card that will rise to the top of the stack, get passed around, and in general be envied by the competition.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.