Constellation NewEnergy Sends RECs with Holiday Cards
Here’s a marketing idea that’s hard to beat. Constellation NewEnergy, which has helped many of its customers incorporate renewable energy solutions into their electricity needs, is making a green energy purchase for each of the Christmas cards that it sends to its business customers and friends throughout the U.S. and Canada. Every card delivered represents a purchase of 100 kilowatt hours (kWh) of wind renewable energy certificates (RECs), procured entirely in the U.S. and Canada.
According to Constellation, 100 kWh of electricity is approximately equal to the energy required to power a strand of 200 holiday lights for 1,000 hours. The gesture underscores the company’s message that it’s commited to developing more clean, environmentally friendly sources of energy generation.
It’s probably a Christmas card that will rise to the top of the stack, get passed around, and in general be envied by the competition.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings Neighborhood Program Offers Lessons for Energy Efficiency
- Energy Management Is a Key Corporate Strategy
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 18
- LEED Certification, Energy Efficiency Increase Property Values
- Lumber Company Locates Kilns at Landfill to Use Methane
- Building Management Systems Contribute to Profitability
- Liberty Global Cuts Energy Use
- IHS: Photo Voltaic Module Sector on the Rise