Constellation Energy Wins Wind Power Agreement With WSSC
Constellation Energy has inked a 10-year contract to provide wind power to the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission. The 10-year agreement will meet WSSC’s goal of using wind power for approximately one-third of its electricity needs.
WSSC General Manager Andrew Brunhart said the agreement will lower the agency’s energy expenditures by an estimated $20 million dollars over 10 years.
The wind power for the WSSC agreement will be generated by a project developed by Edison Mission Group, a subsidiary of Edison International in Somerset County, Pa. Constellation NewEnergy won a competitive bid for the 10-year, 30-megawatt power purchase agreement. Beginning Jan. 1, 2008, WSSC will receive 85 percent of the wind project’s power output; CNE will retain and market the remaining 15 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses