Carmakers Responsible for Vehicle Disposal in EU
The requirement was already in place for cars made after 2002, but now applies to all vehicles of any age. The amount of harmful materials, such as mercury and lead, will now also be reduced in new models by manufacturers.
A similar scheme will come into operation for the disposal of electrical and electronic goods by the middle of the year.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool