Carmakers Responsible for Vehicle Disposal in EU
The requirement was already in place for cars made after 2002, but now applies to all vehicles of any age. The amount of harmful materials, such as mercury and lead, will now also be reduced in new models by manufacturers.
A similar scheme will come into operation for the disposal of electrical and electronic goods by the middle of the year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland