Norway to Offset Public Officials’ Air Travel
“We want to set an example,” Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said. “If only a few do this, it means little. If many join in, it can mean a great deal.”
NTB estimated the cost of buying emission quotas for public employees on foreign flights would be roughly $400,000 (2.5 million kroner) per year.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage