NEC, Carmanah Release Solar-Powered Monitor Batteries
The solar-powered system produces approximately 293 kilowatt hours of electricity per year, or 800 watts per day. By running a display monitor off solar power, NEC says the need for standard electricity will be significantly reduced and, in some cases, nearly eliminated. Large companies could realize substantial energy savings from the solar-powered battery packages and could potentially save thousands of dollars each year in electricity costs.
Saved solar energy can last for days of normal usage when running a typical LCD monitor. Multiple monitors can be run simultaneously; however, the run time of a battery would vary depending on usage and the number of devices drawing on the power.
“Using solar power not only significantly reduces electricity costs, but it also reduces environmentally harmful emissions,” said Richard Atanus, Vice President of Engineering, Technical and Environmental Services for NEC Display Solutions. “Plus, with the batteries having a life expectancy of over 20 years, depending on the number of cycle times, and a panel life of 50 or more years, the investment return is considerable.”
The full solar-power package includes the following:
- 2 x EV-120 – Evergreen 120 Watt Solar Panel
- 3 x EX-1000 – Extreme 12V, Deep Cycle Solar Battery – 100 AHr
- 1 x GPR-25 – Go Power! 25 Amp Digital Charge Controller
- 1 x GP-SW150-12 – Go Power! Pure Sine Wave 150 Watt Inverter 12 Volt
- 1 x GPSC-12-10A – Go Power! 10 Amp Smart Battery Charger
- 1 x Battery/Solar Wire & Misc.
All NEC LCD displays are RoHS compliant, containing fully disposable plastics and minimal amounts of hazardous materials, such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB. Orders for the entire solar-powered battery package are available for immediate delivery.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management