Meeting Strategies Worldwide Launches MeetGreen Calculator
To assess an event’s environmental impact, the MeetGreen Calculator compares practices of a specific event against the greenest alternative practices. Results provide a benchmark for future events and a comparison with other green events.
For example, environmental practices include use of locally produced food, selecting meeting sites where attendees can walk or use mass transit and diverting a significant portion of garbage by recycling and reuse.
The calculator is part of a suite of products and services that includes tools to use throughout the planning process to lessen detrimental environmental effects and a program to certify that an event is following the best green practices. Groups such as Sierra Club, US Green Building Council, Globe Foundation of Canada and Business for Social Responsibility have hired MSWW for the approach now quantified with MeetGreen.
“By working with Meeting Strategies Worldwide, we have attained a clear understanding of the level of environmental management we achieved with our recent World Urban Forum 3. Now we have a solid basis for improving our environmental performance in the future,” said Ginny Stratton, Globe Foundation of Canada. “We are ecstatic to know that the host of practices we employed resulted in the highest possible MeetGreen rating and hope that the results of our efforts will create a legacy for future organizers of the World Urban Forum.”
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working