GE Ecomagination Launches Internet Films, New Campaign
General Electric has launched several short films on the web to tell the world that GE’s Ecomagination is serious about the environment since launching the branded products and marketing initiative a year and a half ago, reports ClickZ (via MarketingVOX).
The films can be found at the Ecomagination website and will be supported by a round of TV and print ads. GE markets 45 Ecomagination products, including desalination technologies, high-tech windmills and super-efficient locomotives; sales of these products have surpassed $20 billion.
Actor Kevin Kline narrates the four films. Eight more showcases are planned by mid-year. The videos and website were done by Manhattan-based Syrup, while GE agency of record BBDO handled all offline ads.
The global campaign will be supported by creative sponsoships: including Reuters’s digital stories on business and the environment and a $50,000 “Environmental Business Plan Challenge” with partner Dow Jones, inviting wannabe entrepreneurs to submit eco-friendly business ideas.
Finally, a college-focused Ecocollegechallenge.com was produced with MTV.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility