GE Ecomagination Launches Internet Films, New Campaign
General Electric has launched several short films on the web to tell the world that GE’s Ecomagination is serious about the environment since launching the branded products and marketing initiative a year and a half ago, reports ClickZ (via MarketingVOX).
The films can be found at the Ecomagination website and will be supported by a round of TV and print ads. GE markets 45 Ecomagination products, including desalination technologies, high-tech windmills and super-efficient locomotives; sales of these products have surpassed $20 billion.
Actor Kevin Kline narrates the four films. Eight more showcases are planned by mid-year. The videos and website were done by Manhattan-based Syrup, while GE agency of record BBDO handled all offline ads.
The global campaign will be supported by creative sponsoships: including Reuters’s digital stories on business and the environment and a $50,000 “Environmental Business Plan Challenge” with partner Dow Jones, inviting wannabe entrepreneurs to submit eco-friendly business ideas.
Finally, a college-focused Ecocollegechallenge.com was produced with MTV.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries