GE Ecomagination Launches Internet Films, New Campaign
General Electric has launched several short films on the web to tell the world that GE’s Ecomagination is serious about the environment since launching the branded products and marketing initiative a year and a half ago, reports ClickZ (via MarketingVOX).
The films can be found at the Ecomagination website and will be supported by a round of TV and print ads. GE markets 45 Ecomagination products, including desalination technologies, high-tech windmills and super-efficient locomotives; sales of these products have surpassed $20 billion.
Actor Kevin Kline narrates the four films. Eight more showcases are planned by mid-year. The videos and website were done by Manhattan-based Syrup, while GE agency of record BBDO handled all offline ads.
The global campaign will be supported by creative sponsoships: including Reuters’s digital stories on business and the environment and a $50,000 “Environmental Business Plan Challenge” with partner Dow Jones, inviting wannabe entrepreneurs to submit eco-friendly business ideas.
Finally, a college-focused Ecocollegechallenge.com was produced with MTV.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned