uShip, TerraPass Launch Green Shipping Marketplace
TerraPass and uShip have launched TerraPass Certified Provider Program. The program lets uShip service providers balance out the global warming impact of their shipments and market themselves as environmentally friendly to prospective customers on uShip.
According to uShip, the program will be the first time customers in an online marketplace will be able to differentiate among service providers based on their environmental attributes.
uShip calculates the monthly greenhouse gas emissions of service providers enrolled in the program using the weight and distance of shipments booked on uShip. These emissions are then balanced by TerraPass through domestic wind farms, “cow-power” projects, and energy efficiency projects.
“uShip is already the most efficient way to ship because our marketplace helps carriers fill empty cargo space in their trucks,” said Matthew Chasen, CEO of uShip. “The TerraPass Certified Provider Program is another tool we provide for our community to help reduce shipping’s contribution to global warming.”
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations