uShip, TerraPass Launch Green Shipping Marketplace
TerraPass and uShip have launched TerraPass Certified Provider Program. The program lets uShip service providers balance out the global warming impact of their shipments and market themselves as environmentally friendly to prospective customers on uShip.
According to uShip, the program will be the first time customers in an online marketplace will be able to differentiate among service providers based on their environmental attributes.
uShip calculates the monthly greenhouse gas emissions of service providers enrolled in the program using the weight and distance of shipments booked on uShip. These emissions are then balanced by TerraPass through domestic wind farms, “cow-power” projects, and energy efficiency projects.
“uShip is already the most efficient way to ship because our marketplace helps carriers fill empty cargo space in their trucks,” said Matthew Chasen, CEO of uShip. “The TerraPass Certified Provider Program is another tool we provide for our community to help reduce shipping’s contribution to global warming.”
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike