TerraPass, Karcher, Sam’s Club Market Product with Carbon Offsets Included
TerraPass has announced (via EarthTimes) the first-ever product available in a U.S. retail store that comes with two years worth of carbon offsets.
A partnership between Karcher USA, Sam’s Club and TerraPass will balance out an estimated two years of greenhouse gas emissions from use of the Karcher G 3025 BH pressure washer and encourage purchasers to use the pressure washer for climate change fighting projects around the
A “very small” amount of each pressure washer’s $499 price-tag will go to TerraPass to fund projects such as wind farms, according to San Jose Mercury News. The money also will offset the 285 lbs. of greenhouse gas pollution produced by the washer over two years, he said.
Terrapass says pressure washers are already an environmentally friendly product, because they use less water than traditional hoses. They also are crucial for energy savings projects like cleaning heat pump coils. But they do run on gasoline and emit carbon dioxide.
“Providing our members with tools or other merchandise for their homes or businesses that deliver an environmental benefit is exciting. We are pleased to be offering this product at Sam’s Club nationwide,” said Jason Kidd, Merchandise Manager, Hardware and Automotive, Sam’s Club.
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind