Lexus Looks for Hybrid Market Share, Steps Up Marketing
As Toyota’s Lexus brand steps up production of hybrid cars such as the LS 600h L, it will launch a broadband video channel this summer featuring topics such as art, architecture, fashion, technology, and eco-friendly living, as well as info on the cars, of course, MarketingVOX reports.
Other efforts include a multi-city art exhibit in progress since the fall launch of the LS 460 sedan, and two environmentally minded efforts: Project Greenhouse, now under way at the Sundance Film Festival, and sponsorship of the Sundance Channel’s “Green” programming block set to debut in April.
Lexus isn’t the only automaker creating interactive and outdoor campaigns. Toyota (for its other brands) and GM have launched experiential campaigns to put potential buyers behind the wheels of their hybrid vehicles.
GE recently launched a series of online videos too. The goal is to tell the world that GE’s Ecomagination is serious about the environment since launching the branded products and marketing initiative a year and a half ago.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working