Lexus Looks for Hybrid Market Share, Steps Up Marketing
As Toyota’s Lexus brand steps up production of hybrid cars such as the LS 600h L, it will launch a broadband video channel this summer featuring topics such as art, architecture, fashion, technology, and eco-friendly living, as well as info on the cars, of course, MarketingVOX reports.
Other efforts include a multi-city art exhibit in progress since the fall launch of the LS 460 sedan, and two environmentally minded efforts: Project Greenhouse, now under way at the Sundance Film Festival, and sponsorship of the Sundance Channel’s “Green” programming block set to debut in April.
Lexus isn’t the only automaker creating interactive and outdoor campaigns. Toyota (for its other brands) and GM have launched experiential campaigns to put potential buyers behind the wheels of their hybrid vehicles.
GE recently launched a series of online videos too. The goal is to tell the world that GE’s Ecomagination is serious about the environment since launching the branded products and marketing initiative a year and a half ago.
Energy Manager News
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers