Whirlpool Joins EPA’s SmartWay Transport
Whirlpool is the latest company to join SmartWay Transport, the partnership between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the freight industry that’s designed to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution.
SmartWay’s goal is to reduce carbon dioxide by 33 to 66 million metric tons and up to 200,000 tons of nitrogen oxide per year by 2012.
Whirlpool has committed to utilize SmartWay Transport Carrier Partners for a greater portion of its freight in the future. In addition, Whirlpool expects to assess other elements of its transportation practices and implement additional efficiency improvements such as increased Intermodal shipping, idle reduction policies, and warehouse improvements to include moving from propane to electric clamp trucks.
Whirlpool also gets to use the SmartWay brand in its advertising.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money