Whirlpool Joins EPA’s SmartWay Transport
Whirlpool is the latest company to join SmartWay Transport, the partnership between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the freight industry that’s designed to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution.
SmartWay’s goal is to reduce carbon dioxide by 33 to 66 million metric tons and up to 200,000 tons of nitrogen oxide per year by 2012.
Whirlpool has committed to utilize SmartWay Transport Carrier Partners for a greater portion of its freight in the future. In addition, Whirlpool expects to assess other elements of its transportation practices and implement additional efficiency improvements such as increased Intermodal shipping, idle reduction policies, and warehouse improvements to include moving from propane to electric clamp trucks.
Whirlpool also gets to use the SmartWay brand in its advertising.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council