London Suburb’s Parking Fees Based on CO2 Emissions
Officials in Richmond, a London suburb with few provate garages and driveways, are basing annual parking fees on how much carbon dioxide a car emits, AP reports. The biggest polluters will pay $590 a year for a permit to park on the street.
Cars with smaller engine sizes will receive a 50 percent discount on the current $195 cost of a parking permit.
The charges will come into force in May. Nine other councils, including one for central London, have expressed an interest in similar plans.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018