London Suburb’s Parking Fees Based on CO2 Emissions
Officials in Richmond, a London suburb with few provate garages and driveways, are basing annual parking fees on how much carbon dioxide a car emits, AP reports. The biggest polluters will pay $590 a year for a permit to park on the street.
Cars with smaller engine sizes will receive a 50 percent discount on the current $195 cost of a parking permit.
The charges will come into force in May. Nine other councils, including one for central London, have expressed an interest in similar plans.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016