London Suburb’s Parking Fees Based on CO2 Emissions
Officials in Richmond, a London suburb with few provate garages and driveways, are basing annual parking fees on how much carbon dioxide a car emits, AP reports. The biggest polluters will pay $590 a year for a permit to park on the street.
Cars with smaller engine sizes will receive a 50 percent discount on the current $195 cost of a parking permit.
The charges will come into force in May. Nine other councils, including one for central London, have expressed an interest in similar plans.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform