London Suburb’s Parking Fees Based on CO2 Emissions
Officials in Richmond, a London suburb with few provate garages and driveways, are basing annual parking fees on how much carbon dioxide a car emits, AP reports. The biggest polluters will pay $590 a year for a permit to park on the street.
Cars with smaller engine sizes will receive a 50 percent discount on the current $195 cost of a parking permit.
The charges will come into force in May. Nine other councils, including one for central London, have expressed an interest in similar plans.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures