London Suburb’s Parking Fees Based on CO2 Emissions
Officials in Richmond, a London suburb with few provate garages and driveways, are basing annual parking fees on how much carbon dioxide a car emits, AP reports. The biggest polluters will pay $590 a year for a permit to park on the street.
Cars with smaller engine sizes will receive a 50 percent discount on the current $195 cost of a parking permit.
The charges will come into force in May. Nine other councils, including one for central London, have expressed an interest in similar plans.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store