Lerner Buys More Wind Power
Private real estate developer Lerner Enterprises is expanding its Green Initiative Program by purchasing wind power for Dulles 28 Centre, a 300,000 sq. ft. retail center now under construction, in addition to the Residence Inn – Dulles Airport, a 157 room hotel, both in Dulles, Virginia.
Lerner previously announced that two of its newest developments, 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard in Rockville, Maryland, and 20 M Street in Southeast Washington D.C., were designed and have applied for LEED Gold Certification. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard will serve as Lerner’s new corporate headquarters in Fall 2008.
Lerner and The Tower Companies also announced recently the purchase of wind power to provide 100 percent of the energy needs to Washington Square, a million square foot office building located in Washington D.C.’s Central Business District.
Energy Manager News
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division