Lerner Buys More Wind Power
Private real estate developer Lerner Enterprises is expanding its Green Initiative Program by purchasing wind power for Dulles 28 Centre, a 300,000 sq. ft. retail center now under construction, in addition to the Residence Inn – Dulles Airport, a 157 room hotel, both in Dulles, Virginia.
Lerner previously announced that two of its newest developments, 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard in Rockville, Maryland, and 20 M Street in Southeast Washington D.C., were designed and have applied for LEED Gold Certification. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard will serve as Lerner’s new corporate headquarters in Fall 2008.
Lerner and The Tower Companies also announced recently the purchase of wind power to provide 100 percent of the energy needs to Washington Square, a million square foot office building located in Washington D.C.’s Central Business District.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark