Lerner Buys More Wind Power
Private real estate developer Lerner Enterprises is expanding its Green Initiative Program by purchasing wind power for Dulles 28 Centre, a 300,000 sq. ft. retail center now under construction, in addition to the Residence Inn – Dulles Airport, a 157 room hotel, both in Dulles, Virginia.
Lerner previously announced that two of its newest developments, 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard in Rockville, Maryland, and 20 M Street in Southeast Washington D.C., were designed and have applied for LEED Gold Certification. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard will serve as Lerner’s new corporate headquarters in Fall 2008.
Lerner and The Tower Companies also announced recently the purchase of wind power to provide 100 percent of the energy needs to Washington Square, a million square foot office building located in Washington D.C.’s Central Business District.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management