Lerner Buys More Wind Power
Private real estate developer Lerner Enterprises is expanding its Green Initiative Program by purchasing wind power for Dulles 28 Centre, a 300,000 sq. ft. retail center now under construction, in addition to the Residence Inn – Dulles Airport, a 157 room hotel, both in Dulles, Virginia.
Lerner previously announced that two of its newest developments, 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard in Rockville, Maryland, and 20 M Street in Southeast Washington D.C., were designed and have applied for LEED Gold Certification. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard will serve as Lerner’s new corporate headquarters in Fall 2008.
Lerner and The Tower Companies also announced recently the purchase of wind power to provide 100 percent of the energy needs to Washington Square, a million square foot office building located in Washington D.C.’s Central Business District.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council