Lerner Buys More Wind Power
Private real estate developer Lerner Enterprises is expanding its Green Initiative Program by purchasing wind power for Dulles 28 Centre, a 300,000 sq. ft. retail center now under construction, in addition to the Residence Inn – Dulles Airport, a 157 room hotel, both in Dulles, Virginia.
Lerner previously announced that two of its newest developments, 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard in Rockville, Maryland, and 20 M Street in Southeast Washington D.C., were designed and have applied for LEED Gold Certification. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard will serve as Lerner’s new corporate headquarters in Fall 2008.
Lerner and The Tower Companies also announced recently the purchase of wind power to provide 100 percent of the energy needs to Washington Square, a million square foot office building located in Washington D.C.’s Central Business District.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action