Let Marketing Take Lead on Corporate Responsibility Programs
Business process, product development, and partnerships can all be analyzed for better, more responsible alternatives, according to a Marketing Profs article. And marketers are the people who to look at a company’s strategy and vision and find opportunities for product differentiation and customer loyalty that integrate solutions to social and environmental problems.
A few tips from the article:
- Look at the industry your company is in. What are the social and environmental hazards or issues? Is there a way to address them and at the same time provide your company with an advantage (lower cost, higher value, unique differentiator)?
- Get ahead of the curve for what will attract tomorrow’s purchasers by incorporating social responsibility today. Moreover, consumers consider choosing environmentally safe products or those developed by socially responsible companies a badge of honor.
- Invest for the long-term – results can take time to impact the bottom line.
- Use grassroot efforts to deploy social responsibility across the company to illuminate for management the advantages to this new way of givingA?AA¢AA¢aAA¬AA¢a?A¬?and getting in return.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management