Let Marketing Take Lead on Corporate Responsibility Programs
Business process, product development, and partnerships can all be analyzed for better, more responsible alternatives, according to a Marketing Profs article. And marketers are the people who to look at a company’s strategy and vision and find opportunities for product differentiation and customer loyalty that integrate solutions to social and environmental problems.
A few tips from the article:
- Look at the industry your company is in. What are the social and environmental hazards or issues? Is there a way to address them and at the same time provide your company with an advantage (lower cost, higher value, unique differentiator)?
- Get ahead of the curve for what will attract tomorrow’s purchasers by incorporating social responsibility today. Moreover, consumers consider choosing environmentally safe products or those developed by socially responsible companies a badge of honor.
- Invest for the long-term – results can take time to impact the bottom line.
- Use grassroot efforts to deploy social responsibility across the company to illuminate for management the advantages to this new way of givingA?AA¢AA¢aAA¬AA¢a?A¬?and getting in return.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency