Travelocity Hosts Concert to Promote Go Zero
Singer KT Tunstall and Virgin Records have partnered with Travelocity to host a private concert at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas this week to support efforts to slow climate change, including Travelocity’s carbon offset program.
The event will consist of a meet and greet for approximately 150 guests as well as a performance by the artist. Tunstall is a strong supporter of climate change prevention and has been involved in such events as the Golden Green party at the Golden Globes in January. Winners will be selected through radio promotions nationwide that highlight the importance of offsetting carbon dioxide emissions from travel, and all winners will have their carbon, according to Travelocity, “zeroed out” through the company’s GoZero program in conjunction with The Conservation Fund.
Travelocity says its Go Zero program lets customers offset carbon emissions generated by their flight, hotel, or car usage through a donation to The Conservation Fund, which then plants trees to absorb carbon dioxide.
Kt Tunstall is also helping to launch Global Cool, an environmental campaign that’s asking a billion people to reduce carbon emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency