Travelocity Hosts Concert to Promote Go Zero
Singer KT Tunstall and Virgin Records have partnered with Travelocity to host a private concert at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas this week to support efforts to slow climate change, including Travelocity’s carbon offset program.
The event will consist of a meet and greet for approximately 150 guests as well as a performance by the artist. Tunstall is a strong supporter of climate change prevention and has been involved in such events as the Golden Green party at the Golden Globes in January. Winners will be selected through radio promotions nationwide that highlight the importance of offsetting carbon dioxide emissions from travel, and all winners will have their carbon, according to Travelocity, “zeroed out” through the company’s GoZero program in conjunction with The Conservation Fund.
Travelocity says its Go Zero program lets customers offset carbon emissions generated by their flight, hotel, or car usage through a donation to The Conservation Fund, which then plants trees to absorb carbon dioxide.
Kt Tunstall is also helping to launch Global Cool, an environmental campaign that’s asking a billion people to reduce carbon emissions.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices