Philadelphia Considers Rubber Sidewalks
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Kenney and fellow Councilman Frank DiCicco introduced a resolution calling for hearings on the long-term benefits of replacing cement sidewalks with rubber sidewalks.
Last year, Chicago launched a 12-month pilot program to determine whether rubber sidewalks could hold up to foot traffic and Chicago’s weather. Chicago is testing a product from California-based Rubbersidewalks.
Rubber sidewalks have also been installed in Washington, according to Kenney.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls