Philadelphia Considers Rubber Sidewalks
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Kenney and fellow Councilman Frank DiCicco introduced a resolution calling for hearings on the long-term benefits of replacing cement sidewalks with rubber sidewalks.
Last year, Chicago launched a 12-month pilot program to determine whether rubber sidewalks could hold up to foot traffic and Chicago’s weather. Chicago is testing a product from California-based Rubbersidewalks.
Rubber sidewalks have also been installed in Washington, according to Kenney.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend