Philadelphia Considers Rubber Sidewalks
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Kenney and fellow Councilman Frank DiCicco introduced a resolution calling for hearings on the long-term benefits of replacing cement sidewalks with rubber sidewalks.
Last year, Chicago launched a 12-month pilot program to determine whether rubber sidewalks could hold up to foot traffic and Chicago’s weather. Chicago is testing a product from California-based Rubbersidewalks.
Rubber sidewalks have also been installed in Washington, according to Kenney.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool