Philadelphia Considers Rubber Sidewalks
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Kenney and fellow Councilman Frank DiCicco introduced a resolution calling for hearings on the long-term benefits of replacing cement sidewalks with rubber sidewalks.
Last year, Chicago launched a 12-month pilot program to determine whether rubber sidewalks could hold up to foot traffic and Chicago’s weather. Chicago is testing a product from California-based Rubbersidewalks.
Rubber sidewalks have also been installed in Washington, according to Kenney.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency