Philadelphia Considers Rubber Sidewalks
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Kenney and fellow Councilman Frank DiCicco introduced a resolution calling for hearings on the long-term benefits of replacing cement sidewalks with rubber sidewalks.
Last year, Chicago launched a 12-month pilot program to determine whether rubber sidewalks could hold up to foot traffic and Chicago’s weather. Chicago is testing a product from California-based Rubbersidewalks.
Rubber sidewalks have also been installed in Washington, according to Kenney.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council