Global Warming Concert Series Planned
A series of concerts “bigger than Live Aid” is being planned in a bid to put the subject of climate change before a global audience, Financial Times reports.
The goal is to get people to take action, likely in the form of personal pledges to reduce emissions.
Although not stated in the article, sponsorship opportunities for corporations should be huge, both at the event, on broadcast TV, and in terms of pledges to lower emissions. Al Gore will make the official announcement tomorrow.
The event, scheduled for July 7, will feature co-ordinated film, music and television events in seven cities including London, Washington DC, Shanghai, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town and Kyoto, with major broadcasters and media owners aiming to extend the reach of public awareness of global warming.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment