Global Warming Concert Series Planned
A series of concerts “bigger than Live Aid” is being planned in a bid to put the subject of climate change before a global audience, Financial Times reports.
The goal is to get people to take action, likely in the form of personal pledges to reduce emissions.
Although not stated in the article, sponsorship opportunities for corporations should be huge, both at the event, on broadcast TV, and in terms of pledges to lower emissions. Al Gore will make the official announcement tomorrow.
The event, scheduled for July 7, will feature co-ordinated film, music and television events in seven cities including London, Washington DC, Shanghai, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town and Kyoto, with major broadcasters and media owners aiming to extend the reach of public awareness of global warming.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry