InterFaceFLOR Lays Out Cool Carpet Program
InterfaceFLOR Commercial has announced that 100 percent of its products are third-party certified as carbon neutral, Meaning that InterfaceFLOR Commercial has invested in clean energy projects projects that “zero out” the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the entire life cycle of the company’s carpet tile products. Dubbed Cool Carpet, the program applies to all commercial carpet tile products manufactured and shipped from the company’s North American mills.
InterfaceFLOR Partnered with NativeEnergy to invest in:
- Invest in wind energy projects on Native American lands in the Midwest,
- Invest in methane-reduction projects at family-owned dairy farms in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,
- Purchase certified carbon offsets from the Te Apiti Wind Farm in New Zealand,
- Invest in a J.B. Hunt transport efficiency initiative that reduces pollution by moving freight via rail, and
- Purchase carbon offset credits through Blue Source, LLC.
InterfaceFLOR Commercial’s offset projects are certified by the Climate Neutral Network.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.