InterFaceFLOR Lays Out Cool Carpet Program
InterfaceFLOR Commercial has announced that 100 percent of its products are third-party certified as carbon neutral, Meaning that InterfaceFLOR Commercial has invested in clean energy projects projects that “zero out” the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the entire life cycle of the company’s carpet tile products. Dubbed Cool Carpet, the program applies to all commercial carpet tile products manufactured and shipped from the company’s North American mills.
InterfaceFLOR Partnered with NativeEnergy to invest in:
- Invest in wind energy projects on Native American lands in the Midwest,
- Invest in methane-reduction projects at family-owned dairy farms in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,
- Purchase certified carbon offsets from the Te Apiti Wind Farm in New Zealand,
- Invest in a J.B. Hunt transport efficiency initiative that reduces pollution by moving freight via rail, and
- Purchase carbon offset credits through Blue Source, LLC.
InterfaceFLOR Commercial’s offset projects are certified by the Climate Neutral Network.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend