Rezidor Ties Guest Carbon Offsets to Loyalty Program
The Rezidor Hotel Group says it’s the first hotel company worldwide to offer all guests a carbon offsetting program.
Guests must first join Rezidor’s free loyalty program. One night at a Radisson SAS hotel collects on average 3,000 gold points in the loyalty program. Two-thousand gold points is needed to offset 270 kg of carbon dioxide – which corresponds to 1 to 2 stays at a hotel, including travel by car, according to Rezidor. The program launches at the beginning of March.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling