Rezidor Ties Guest Carbon Offsets to Loyalty Program
The Rezidor Hotel Group says it’s the first hotel company worldwide to offer all guests a carbon offsetting program.
Guests must first join Rezidor’s free loyalty program. One night at a Radisson SAS hotel collects on average 3,000 gold points in the loyalty program. Two-thousand gold points is needed to offset 270 kg of carbon dioxide – which corresponds to 1 to 2 stays at a hotel, including travel by car, according to Rezidor. The program launches at the beginning of March.
Energy Manager News
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency
- SCE&G Customers to See Lower Bills, Renewable Energy Charge Starting in May
- Marin Clean Energy Could Cut Rates As Seven More Cities Join
- ASHRAE Looks at Energy Efficiency in a World Without Price Tags
- New York City Goes Big on Solar